Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Google Home Voice Activated Speaker

I like technical and digital devices. Since I was small, I always looked forward to getting things that were fun to use. So when the first mobile phone was out, we had one. And when the iPad came around, I was an immediate convert and haven't looked back. I haven't really paid that much attention to the speaker voice activated devices out there - Amazon, google, etc. So when we happened to get a google home speaker as a gift this week, I was entranced. When we got home from our weekend trip, I set it up using the App. It was rather simple. However, when it comes to actually using the thing, my husband is the bigger convert. He is always asking me things that I don't have the answer to. He may have found a new best friend! He does though, feel like there is someone else in the house which is a bit unnerving. I like the setting the timer option! We don't have any of the compatible features like turning lights and heat on and off,  but for answers to simple questions it's really nifty. All of this seems so mystical as well as amusing. Just imagine what the future holds? In the meantime, I'll use it to set my favorite pandora music - just by asking for it. Hey Google!






No comments:

Post a Comment