Sunday, December 11, 2016

Turkey Buzzards and Safeway Savings

We just returned from a week long trip to Florida to visit my mother. We go even more regularly to the sunshine state since my dad died a year and a half ago. We typically drive, because we like it and still can. But when anyone returns home from a trip, the grocery store is one of the first stops to restock the shelves. So yesterday, we drove to McLean for our usual Saturday breakfast. On the way down Dolly Madison Parkway I looked up and noticed the chimneys were occupied. I think they were turkey buzzards - or something like that - since it is not unusual to see deer roadkill along that way. After all, it is a great perch to view the sights below. Or maybe, they were just warming their toes over the Fire sides. Anyway, they looked rather cozy way up there. I was just glad it wasn't my house. After breakfast, we went to the Safeway across the street from McLean Family Restaurant. I have been saving our ten per cent coupon on groceries from the flu shot we got there since September. It was a good time to use it after filling the grocery cart. But I think the cashier gave us a double dose of discount. I'm certainly not complaining about that random act of kindness. The ride back home was uneventful. Now I need to get back to a routine!






No comments:

Post a Comment