Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pet Portrait Successes

Since after Thanksgiving I have been kept almost too busy painting custom pet portraits. This is the fourth year since I opened my Etsy shop, and each year has become increasingly demanding - especially at this time of the year. In fact, I have turned down requests because I need to have a life, and each portrait requires an adequate amount of time to meet both the customers and my standard. Minimally I can turnaround a sketch with an IOU to complete the rest of it as soon as I am able. I still have four in the queue since I finally took off a couple days to relax! But the most rewarding experience is to receive pictures of the artwork from folks who were pleased with the results. They take the digital images and turn them in to a canvases, or framed works of art. Then they tell me how the recipient responded to the unexpected gift. The most heartwarming are the reactions to memorial portraits given to best friends, siblings, or from wives to husbands. If they bring tears to someone's eyes, then I know I did my job. I'd just like to thank everyone for letting me be a part of this experience. The furry friends in our lives have a way of never letting us forget them. I'm so happy I can be a part of the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment