Saturday, December 3, 2016

Sam Snead Oak Grill and Tavern

We were there one time before a couple of years ago. Sam Snead's Oak Bar and Tavern must have been memorable, or we wouldn't have made reservations nearby just so we could have dinner there. It was nothing more than a burger and a fish fry, but it was quite good - and very busy! I really don't know much about golf or Sam Snead, but we liked the Tavern feel and the atmosphere. It was also near Savannah, where the accents are very strikingly southern. I always find these sorts of things so charming. Having lived in the Midwest for thirty years, my accent is more like that, while my mom still has a Boston twang. My husband, on the other hand, has a Persian accent...it's hard enough to learn a language, but the accents can throw anyone off! And while working in healthcare, we interacted with people from all over the world. Living in DC and working at the Library of Congress also provided access to people from countries all over the world. But I digress...Sam Snead's place was good!





No comments:

Post a Comment