Monday, September 18, 2023

52Frames Backlit Photo Challenge

The subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week was “backlit.” I wasn’t sure what I was going to do and then figured it out after taking some pictures in the neighborhood park during a morning walk. It was still early enough to catch the sun shining through the trees and cascading a shadow on the pedestrian bridge and path. I also got a few up close photos of the orange leaves that are prematurely changing color. My photo style is composite images so I wanted to combine the up close photo of the leaf with the larger scene photo of the trees. So the leaf was isolated from the photo, copied several times, and turned and tossed in several ways to mimic falling, laying, and sitting on a rail. There were several iterations until it met the expectations of my editor husband. He usually has good taste and I keep at it until he thinks it looks good enough. It can be frustrating because it is sometimes hard to take the criticism - but he is generally correct. In the end a crow was added just to give it a bit of whimsy - although you can hardly see him. I really like working on these “projects” rather than just an edited photo because I’ve actually learned more about my procreate app that I use for my digital art pet portraits. Since it’s self taught I’m figuring out to do things I never knew I could. And I also enjoy hearing the comments from people all over the world. I do know that no one else will submit anything exactly like my submissions. And that’s what makes it fun to do every week. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment