Sunday, September 17, 2023

Thin Optics Keychain Reading Glasses

I had cataract surgery last week and three weeks before that the first time. It’s been an interesting and somewhat frustrating experience. The hardest part is just adjusting to the new bionic lenses. After the first surgery the idea of seeing well with one lens removed from my glasses didn’t work. So I was always in a cloudy and disorienting world. After the second surgery was done at least I was now on an equal playing field. I knew I would need readers so I started looking for options. I always found it annoying when my husband could never find his glasses, or was leaving them on when he didn’t need to. So the idea of having a pair of readers with me at all times was very important whether I was inside or outside. The Thin Optics solution looked intriguing - especially since you could get a pair of glasses in a key chain. For me I would always have it attached to my phone. For my husband, he would always have them attached to his keychain. They are basically nose pieces without frames - another good thing. When you also wear hearing aids that is an advantage. So we ordered one for me, my husband, and our son. My husband got clear surround with a black holder; I got purple surround with a silver holder. They actually work quite well and are intended to be used for emergencies when you have to read something and are glad you have easy to find glasses to use. But my husband is using them all of the time. It is taking time for me to adjust to wearing readers since I have been wearing glasses for the last twenty plus years and contacts since high school. Now my vision is supposed to be better for intermediate and distance, but very bad for closeup - something I never had a problem with my entire life. Today my right eye is just plain blurry in either direction and I am hoping this is just temporary. I’ve adjusted my iphone, iPad, and watch to larger type so I can at least see some things without readers. It’s going to take awhile to adjust. I just wish I wasn’t so aware and sensitive to my environment. At least there are ways to make it easier to tolerate. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment