Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Dusk Before the Storm

The sun is finally out after four days of dreary and wet skies. I usually don’t think of tropical storms living in Virginia. But with the crazy weather and hurricane season anything is possible. So when we learned we were going to be in Ophelia’s path I wasn’t looking forward to the long dark weekend through yesterday. But on the Friday evening before the upcoming storms the skies were simply beautiful. It was almost ethereal. My husband doesn’t get why I love looking at the evening sky. When we moved to northern Virginia from Capitol Hill four years ago we made sure we had a western view for the purpose of seeing the sky at dusk. He wasn’t even moved by the Milky Way that we saw in southern France with his old medical school colleague and family. I thought it was cool. But then we had a telescope when we were youngsters and enjoyed looked at Venus and the constellations. So as the sky changed from early to late evening the oranges and reds and hues came to life. I’m looking forward to the next time. 













No comments:

Post a Comment