Saturday, September 23, 2023

Finally! A Haircut after Three Months

It’s been three months since my last haircut. I used to get a haircut every six to eight weeks at the most. But since Covid and everything else, haircuts have been less of a priority. I usually wear my hair on the shorter side because it is very thin and looks rather unflattering at one length. And being silvery grey it can age you too if not kept up. So I find myself looking at styles on Pinterest that might work and end up with the same thing. When we lived on Capitol Hill and I was working at the Library of Congress I had an asymmetrical bob. Since we moved to northern Virginia four years ago I went with a pixie, and then because of the pandemic the pixie turned in to a very long mess. So it was finally cut in to a short bob and I’ve pretty much stayed that route. One length and chin length bob sounds good, but I was getting tired of it. So I found a few images of something that I thought I would like and brought them in yesterday to my hairdresser/stylist. It was more of a bixie - front bob and the back pixie with layers. It’s a style that goes better with my face shape - I need more weight on the top rather than the sides and chin. It would also take a few years off - something we all need now. And since I had cataract surgery I no longer need glasses for distance - a very odd feeling to have since I was sixteen! She did a nice job based on my hair type, etc. You know the cut is good when another one of the most trendy hairstylists follows you out of the salon to tell you how gorgeous your hair is. I know it’s a ploy but it works every time. 










No comments:

Post a Comment