Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Eye Drop Countdown

In August I had my left cataract eye surgery. Two weeks ago I had my right cataract eye surgery. It starts off with eye drops three times a day before the surgery, then three times a day for two weeks, then two times a day for one week, then one time a day for one week. That’s a lot of eye drops. Then before the second surgery is done, the same schedule applies. So it gets to be eye drop overdrive during the overlap. It also takes record keeping to a new level. I also depended on google to remind me when I needed to take them all. So it was a landmark I applauded when the the eye drops for the left eye ended last week! I could finally put the paper document away and only deal with one schedule. Then another landmark was achieved this week when I could go from three drips a day to two drops a day in my right eye. So for another week it is two drops a day and then the last week at one drop per day. It’s so wonderful to be on the downslope of this schedule. Unfortunately on the last day of the final drop I have to be at jury duty - which I had to reschedule because the summons occurred during the surgery schedule. I’m still adjusting to the change in my vision and hopefully it will all come in to focus soon. It will finally feel complete when there are no more eye drops. I also convinced my doctor that I didn’t need to see him until December - a three month reprieve from the weekly visits. I’m hoping the glaucoma surgery he did will help with eye pressures, but I have a feeling I’ll be on those drops for the rest of my life. I’m just glad it’s over with because it was inevitable and lucky to be able to get it done. 








No comments:

Post a Comment