Monday, September 4, 2023

52Frames Edited by Someone Else Photo Challenge

I’ve been participating in the 52Frames photo challenge for almost three years. I use my iPhone and am not really a photographer. I just like to take pictures. Over time I have begun to develop a new way to create an image for the challenge. I not only take a photo, but also create a composite using multiple photos and then painting a little something to make it even more interesting. But this week I had to leave the editing to a fellow framer because the subject was “edited by someone else.”. And that is a hard thing to do because I have no control over the photo that is selected nor the way it is edited. And the same goes for the image that I edit for someone else. But that is the idea of the challenge - giving up your perspective and control and putting it in the hands of someone else. So last week we walked about the National Mall in search of interesting possibilities. I ended up sending six photos. My editor chose three. He sent me six images and I edited five using my composite approach. You be the judge about which photos look better before and after. I am really interested to see the comments on both his and my photos. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment