Friday, September 29, 2023

Eyebobs Half Readers Glasses

I had cataract surgery last month and the second one this month. I’ve always been able to see tiny print close up in spite of astigmatism and the need for progressive lenses. It’s taking me a while to transition to needing readers full time and also a bit frustrating since everything close up is now blurry - something I’ve never had to deal with. What I did find was keychain ThinOptics for both my husband and myself. They are excellent when you need readers while you are out and about. I have them attached to my phone and my husband has them attached to his key chain. He even wears his most of the day while reading. They are tiny little glasses that hang on your nose - no arms to deal with. He has the right kind of nose for them. I also got a pair of readers from ThinOptics that are very light - but the typical non nose piece is annoying. So I was searching for some half reader glasses that also have the nose piece with nose guards. All of my glasses have always had nose guards because my nose bone is wide at the top. And, I hate taking glasses on and off to see distance. I’d rather be able to read and look up without doing that. There are full glass bifocals too, and that may be in my future. So I found a pair of half glasses called “peek performer” on Eyebobs that looked interesting. They are more substantial than the cheapie ones that seem to fall apart. My husband has experienced that. The Eyebobs arrived today and the first thing I noticed was how heavy they were! I think I will keep these at home and bring the lightweight ThinOptics if we ever travel - which we hardly do anymore. The Eyebobs also had a bit of character - something I always looked for in a pair of glasses. These glasses also feel a bit snug even though they have a spring hinge - that’s what happens when you have a wide face! I hope I can adjust to them sharing space with my hearing aids. I want to be thrilled about cataract surgery - and today for the first time I could actually read the smaller print on my phone without glasses for the first time. It just goes to show you how important having good sight means. And there’s no getting around it. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment