Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Calais France, Chunnel, Back to England

I took French in high school and college and don't remember any of it. English is all I know. We spent the last five days in Dreux visiting friends and spent the day in Paris yesterday. Our party consisted of seven people with Farsi being the predominant language. Today we had to get up early - again - this time because we needed to return to England for a few more days. It's been rather ugly weather wise most of the time - I much prefer the sunny skies of anywhere compared to the cold and wind anywhere. We made our way to Calais past the windmills and beautiful farmland of northern France. We were able to take the Chunnel a few hours earlier than planned. I was happy to finally reach England, and english, once again. At least now I would only need to deal with two languages rather than three. But unfortunately the sun was out for a very short time only. Somehow I am not surprised. 







No comments:

Post a Comment