Monday, October 13, 2014

Cheestique in Del Ray

This is my last day of vacation. We went to England and France to visit friends. Last Wednesday I caught a miserable cold, and have been feeling lousy ever since. On top of that, I am still jet lagged and my head is in a fog. Neither my husband nor I like to travel, even under the best of circumstances. But both if us still feel like we are overseas, and needed to get our fill of cheese. So this afternoon we rode out to Del Ray, where there is a shop that carries Petit Basque - our favorite cheese that we discovered in France. We not only got that delightful light cheese, but he got something called Dragon Breath, and a Brie with mushrooms. Since the baguettes's were fresh from this morning, we got one of those too. When we came home we wondered what we should do for dinner this evening. We don't feel like going out...so what could be better than bread and cheese with a little soup? There is something very European about that. Maybe we liked the trip more than we thought. With each passing day as the inconveniences fade and I'm beginning to feel better, it was actually very nice.  







No comments:

Post a Comment