Saturday, October 25, 2014

Middleburg Virginia Dog Show and Borzoi

I love Borzois. I love fall.  I love old plantations and rides in the countryside. This was the fourth year we ventured out to the Middleburg Dog Show at the Oatlands Plantation in Middleburg, Virginia. It was a beautiful day for the ride, and an even better day to get my fix of Borzois. Our Tatiana was a wonderful dog, and I still miss her. Yes, there were obviously other dogs there, but I hardly noticed them. I prefer large dogs to small, but it does give anyone a great opportunity to see all the different breeds and varieties.  That's how we found the dog we preferred all those years ago by visiting a dog show in Wisconsin, and meeting a breeder from Indiana. While we were watching the borzois in the ring today, we talked to an owner who lives in Old Town Alexandria. I gave her my contact information so she could send me some news about a breeder she knows well. We are on the fence about getting another one for so many reasons. In the meantime, I could do baby sitting for her dog, a grand eight year old lovely lady. All in all it was a delightful day to spend with our friend, the setting was grand, and the Borzois never looked better. 















No comments:

Post a Comment