Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Since it is just disgusting outside today, it makes me feel better to just look at the sunshine in photos rather than think about the ugly rain I just walked through for the third time. It might be even more annoying because I have to work rather than lounge around at home! Nevertheless the US Botanic Garden always offers a delightful scene regardless of the time of year. The leaves are just starting to turn golden, the pomegranates are getting bigger, and the views of the Capitol building are gorgeous at any angle. Add to that the fluffy purple stuff that adds a touch of fairyland next the the black eyed Susans, it could put anyone in a better state of mind. The front entrance was blocked off I am sure for the planned Christmas decorations that grab the attention of visitors and locals alike. Our friends from Wisconsin have plastered autumn colors in full swing on Facebook. I'm looking forward to the change here a few weeks later. Now, do I have to go back outside? 








No comments:

Post a Comment