Thursday, August 24, 2017

The Salvador

We have always thought about moving to Florida, but just can't seem to make up our minds. There are a lot of appealing aspects, but it's hard to decide. A couple of years ago we checked out a new condo building that was being made called The Salvador. It's not right in the downtown area, but just outside of it near the University of South Florida located on Tampa Bay. I've been keeping my eye on the project as it progressed and we always drove by it whenever we were in town. So while we are in Florida due to a family medical emergency, I called the realtor to see if we could visit the two remaining units. We toured the building and the units this afternoon. They were really quite lovely and are exactly the size we would like. But neither my husband nor I can seem commit to it. Either we aren't ready, or we really like where we are on Capitol Hill. When you compare an 1890's old building with no insulation and street parking to a 2017 brand new insulated place with an indoor parking space you would think one has a strong advantage over the other. But we are odd ducks and our lifestyle just matches DC more than Florida. We are not in to pools, barbecues, beaches, fishing, golf or hurricanes. And since we just updated our bathroom and kitchen in our current residence we probably just aren't in the mood. I'm really glad we made the visit. Maybe we will have this issue settled once and for all - until I hear the footsteps and noise and irritation above me when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment