Friday, December 28, 2018

An Almost Christmas Story

Yes, we watched “A Christmas Story” on Christmas Eve with our family in Virginia because they had never seen it before. We have seen it several times. My husband loves it. I like the feel of the movie because of the time period. And Ralphie almost shoots his eye out resulting in a pair of broken glasses. So when we were taking our morning walk in the incessant rain, my husband mentioned that he thought his glasses felt crooked. And when he took them off he realized that one of the arms not only was broken, but fell off completely unbeknownst to him. And it must have happened somewhere between our house, inside Union Station, or anywhere on the way back home. He wanted to retrace our steps and look for it. I told him he can get the arm replaced because those are the type of glasses that come in pieces. Luckily I was right when we found ourselves at Voorthuis in Alexandria ordering a replacement part. Of course, being a Friday and a holiday it will take ten days to two weeks to get the glasses back because they won’t ship out until Wednesday. The sales folks remembered us well because of a weird mix up that happened two years ago. I had somehow gotten my husband’s lens prescription in my glasses. It’s a long story. Let’s hope all goes well with this replacement order. In the meantime the old glasses will just have to do. 






No comments:

Post a Comment