Monday, December 31, 2018

DC at Night

We took a night tour of DC many, many years ago. It was really pretty to see all the buildings and monuments in a different light. We usually try to take our guests on a night excursion for the same reason. Last night we were coming home from a Chinese dinner in McLean and took our usual route back over Memorial Bridge. The bridge is being repaired and the lane closures will last for three years! But the Lincoln Memorial looked lovely as we turned the corner. Then I remembered we had not seen the lighted Capitol Christmas tree this year so we took a detour to see it before we headed home. It looked very nice! And to round out the tour we drove by the rest of our neighborhood favorites - Supreme Court, Library of Congress Jefferson and Madison Buildings, and the east front of the Capitol Building. I still can’t believe I worked at the Library for ten years. My husband always tells me he would have a hard time leaving DC. I don’t think we will be going anywhere soon. 

Memorial Bridge:















No comments:

Post a Comment