Monday, December 17, 2018

LITDigitalPaintings on Etsy

I started my Etsy shop in 2012. It was after I got my first iPad and relearned how to paint from watercolors and pastels to digitalart. It was all self taught. The primary purpose of the shop was to create custom pet portraits. But I also did a few paintings of our travels, our Capitol Hill neighborhood, and my Betta Fish. The bulk of my commissions are of pets, and it takes a lot of time to work with the customer until the portrait is “just right.” And you can imagine the holiday season is quite busy! I also use the digital images to populate my other websites - my own, Zazzle, Redbubble, Pixels, and Amazon Merch. What was most interesting is that this year, my downloadable artwork has also been noticed by people from all over the world. Yesterday two paintings from Iran were sold to someone in Denmark; another Iran painting was sold to someone in Philadelphia; Two Betta fish images and the scene of our grandson shoveling snow were also sold. It’s really nice when someone notices those - they mean a lot to me and are very personal. And even better - I don’t need to do anything because they are already completed. I always send a thank you note to the customer because I really do appreciate that they noticed my work out of the millions of images out there. So thank you again for looking! It’s been a very interesting holiday season. Now I need to get to work on some pet portraits! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment