Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Ancestry DNA

Since I was a youngster strangers would ask me if I was from China - high cheek bones and small eyes.  My brother and sister always teased me that I was adopted - they have hazel eyes and fair skin - I have brown eyes and olive skin. When Ellis Island was being renovated many years ago I was able to find the manifest records of both my grandmothers. But my grandfathers could not be found. For my parents 50th wedding anniversary many years ago I put together a digital photo spread using the photos I had of them from childhood to present day. When the grandchildren came around I spent a lot of time creating family trees for them using my “Picture It” software. I haven’t thought about my ancestry much lately - until recently. So I decided to finally take the plunge and order my DNA kit from Ancestry.com. It arrived last week and I followed the instructions - spitting in to a test tube - and mailing the package back to Utah, then registering the specific kit number on the app. Now I am waiting with great anticipation to see what comes of it. I’m not sure there will be any unexpected surprises. But you never know. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment