Monday, February 4, 2019

Reflecting Pool Sunshine and Pigeons

I am always enchanted by sunshine, animals, birds, and flowers. Typically on our walk we encounter some of these things. Today was an absolutely sunshiny day so everything already looked better. We didn’t have to wear our below zero winter coats and hats. In fact half way through I was carrying my coat. We had to drop an items off at the post office so we headed in the opposite direction as is usual. From there we were on  Massachusetts Avenue, Union Station, and then back to the Capitol. The reflecting pond was still iced over and the seagulls were standing on it. But it was the pigeons that caught my eye today. There was a pair walking along together having a good time. We then passed through the botanical garden. It’s not often that I really enjoy the walk - it’s more of a prescription that something I really look forward to. But when it’s this nice outside it’s simply marvelous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment