Friday, February 15, 2019

DC Driver’s License - Again!

We just went to the SW DMV station to renew my drivers license two months ago. I couldn’t renew it on line because I needed the new required upgraded version. You need to bring documents for citizenship, social security, and two forms of ID for DC residence. It was packed when we arrived so we had to wait in line for quite some time. So my husband’s license expires next month. But after a certain age you need to get both medical and vision documentations filled by your primary care and eye docs. So after about a month of back and forth we finally had all the required paperwork. So yesterday we walked over to the same DMV office. It was empty! My husband walked right up to the desk, and got the paperwork to fill in. Before he could even finish it, his number was called. So I waited in the waiting area that soon began to fill up. It didn’t take too long but my husband said he got a brand new employee that had to ask someone for help for everything. All I care is that he finally got his temporary license after some issue with the property tax bill that shows our address. Anyway, what took me twice as long to get through took him no time at all. That seems to be the story of our lives. He is the roadrunner and I am Wiley Coyote - even when it comes to renewing your drivers license. 












No comments:

Post a Comment