Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Car 54 Where Are You? on Amazon Prime

I stumbled across it when I was looking to save a few shows to our Amazon Prime video watchlist. Car 54 Where Are You? was a show we watched when I was a kid. The theme song reverberates in my head and is as familiar to me as it was then. I still know the words. And I remember Toody and Muldoon in our living room. We oftentimes would lay on the floor with pillows under our heads in front of my parents. My dad had his own leather chair and the best view. He LOVED television and always had the latest set he could find. We would be able to get a color tv if my brother, sister and I came home with all A’s and B’s. I think he would have gotten that color set anyway. So it was with a great feeling of nostalgia that we watched the show last night. It was very clever and funny and I laughed out loud a few times. Even the commercials were interesting to watch. We used both Prell Shampoo and Tide Detergent - the power of marketing. Fred Gwynn became a favorite of ours on the Munsters, but also as the judge in My Cousin Vinny. I think I am my father’s daughter - the best television and watching fun shows in the evening with my husband. We still use Tide detergent. (Photos were taken off our TV screen)




















No comments:

Post a Comment