Saturday, February 16, 2019

Tyson’s Galleria

For whatever reason we needed to be out of the house today from nine in the morning until three in the afternoon. We usually go out for breakfast every Saturday morning at McLean family restaurant followed by grocery shopping. So we could still do that. But what else would we do to fill the time? So we drove about and decided to see where the French restaurant was located that my sister has made reservations for her birthday later this month in the Falls. After that we had breakfast and then drove to Tyson’s Galleria to walk, but then to sit for awhile to pass the time. Both my husband and I brought our iPads to stay occupied. The view is rather bland. There are people milling about but the Mall doesn’t do much for me. But given the circumstances it’s not a bad option. We first came to Tyson’s Galleria when we moved to DC thirteen years ago. My hairdresser/stylist in the Midwest told me to go to a Vidal Sassoon Salon for a haircut until I found someone in DC. Since then we have taken route 123 millions of times. It’s nice that Tyson’s is close by but I wouldn’t want to live there. It reminds us of Northbrook near Chicago that we frequented regularly. For us, McLean is a favorite location. Maybe one day it will become more than that. 










No comments:

Post a Comment