Friday, February 28, 2020

Cataract Surgery

My husband retired twenty years ago. He was a general/vascular surgeon. I was in health care for thirty years - more on the administrative end at the corporate office, but trained as an RN with a masters degree from Marquette. Regardless of all this medical background, my husband is having cataract surgery this morning, and it’s strange. Everything looks familiar and the staff are simply wonderful - so far. There are a lot of eye drops involved. This is the first “surgery” my husband has ever had. I think I am more nervous than him. I’m sitting in the waiting room now - waiting. Unfortunately we will have to return in two weeks for the other eye. When we moved to northern Virginia from DC ten months ago we changed our doctors to our neighborhood. It’s so much easier for us and was a great decision overall. So hopefully everything will go well. Everyone says it should. 










No comments:

Post a Comment