Saturday, February 1, 2020

Us In Digitalart

I made a wine bottle collage for my husband when I first met him over forty years ago. I found all kinds of things that reminded me of him in magazines and glued them all over the bottle. It turned out really well and for the life of me it somehow got misplaced. He kept it in his office when he was working and then it disappeared. So I started working on another collage of sorts - except this one would be of the two of us - and it would be done as a digital art portrait. So I dug up a lot of photos of us together and started creating a “where’s Waldo” kind of thing. Once the sketch was completed, it was the color that was difficult to figure out. It went through a lot of iterations. Since it was going to be displayed on the living room wall along with two other paintings of a family tree and the homes we have lived in, I wanted them to match somehow as a collection. But my husband and I have different views on what looks better. He preferred the multicolor image; I liked the monotone blues and greens. So we ordered the three images on double white mats and simple black frames and arranged them on the wall. My husband kept saying he still preferred the color image. So I finally ordered another one to replace the item already on display. He doesn’t know it yet. I hope it looks as good as he thinks it will. Then I’ll use the frame for a project I’m thinking about for the bathroom! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment