Thursday, February 27, 2020

CD Reader

My old laptop had a CD reader/drive. We used a lot of CD’s back then. When I got my latest Toshiba laptop at least five years ago, I opted not to get the CD drive. I use my iPad for just about everything, and needed a simple laptop for functions the iPad just doesn’t have. I never cared for the iMacs and software, so I just stuck with the what I had been using at work for so many years. Now we have a project that requires reading a CD. Rather than try to figure it out at the local library, we decided to just buy the CD drive and take the time to review the records in the comfort of home. So we drove over to Best Buy and picked up a dell unit. It’s obviously easy to use. I’m sad that I didn’t think about getting it earlier because when we moved almost eleven months ago to our new condo in northern Virginia from Capitol Hill, we threw out all of our CD’s - a couple movies and many albums. You could say we are creatures of having the least amount of junk on our hands. When we moved, we purged even more of the few things that we owned. If it’s really important we can always access the music or the movie digitally. Somehow that never happens. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment