Monday, February 10, 2020

Lenscovers Sunglasses

I’ve had them for four years - a pair of Lenscovers sunglasses. I got another pair to keep in the car too. I didn’t want to buy prescription sunglasses anymore and this approach was the next best thing. They just slipped on over my glasses. You measure the width and height of your prescription glasses and order the size that is slightly bigger than the frame. My size happened to be small. They also come in several colors and are polarized. So when I got a new prescription pair with slightly larger lenses after that, the sunglasses still fit the frames. However, when I picked up my new eyeglasses last Friday I had a feeling my sunglasses wouldn’t fit any more. The lenses are larger and rounder than the typical oblong shape. And of course I was right. So I checked to see what options there were for a next larger size. I ended up ordering a medium size in a silver frame rather than the gold/green or black that I had. They arrived yesterday and look reasonably decent. They are made out of plastic, and cost about $16 - but they do the trick. I’d rather spend more on day eyewear and don’t care for lenses that turn in to sunglasses in the light. There may be better and/or more expensive options out there? I’m not sure it’s worth finding out. Now I just need to find a case that fits the new sunglasses - the old one is too small. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment