Sunday, February 9, 2020

The Magic Carpet Ride

They have been with us since about 1977. When I first met my husband all those years ago, they reminded me of where he is from or at least that part of the world - Iran. The three little men made from pipe cleaners and felt flying on burlap carpets created a tiny mobile I could not resist. So I surprised him with it and it has been in our eyesight ever since. He first put it in his medical office until he retired. Then we found a place for it in our homes in Wisconsin, DC, and now northern Virginia. It looked better is some places more than others. But I think at last it has finally found a forever home. Rather than put it in the den, I thought it might look better in the bedroom. After all, it’s not exactly a stunning piece - but it has great sentimental value. So I hung it from the bedside lamp and it just looked like the perfect spot. The color goes with the rest of the room, and matches the Persian carpet we bought in Isfahan. We have changed around the decor in the living room and removed the too large tribal carpet with a smaller neutral color. So the bedroom and the den will remain a bit more ethnic - at least in those colors. We still have Persian art and carpet in the dining room, kitchen and bathroom. But it’s the flying carpet mobile that started it all - in more ways than one. 












No comments:

Post a Comment