Thursday, October 29, 2020

Old Town Alexandria Beautiful, Seasonal Window Boxes

Our window box contents need upgrading. The petunias are on their last legs and a more seasonal display is warranted. The notion struck me as we were wandering the streets of Old Town Alexandria last week. In the Midwest I always had window boxes filled with all year flowers and seasonal Christmas decor. A lot of what I put in them were sticks and pine cones I found in the back yard. Now we have a small balcony with smaller containers, but at least it’s something to decorate and enjoy from our living room. Of course, there were a lot of Halloween themed designs with plenty of colorful gourds and pumpkins, witches legs, and spiders. But the violas, pansies and ivy were the primary fillers. I really miss going to the garden shop and hunting for just the right thing, but have figured out an alternative approach. So in the mean time I’ll check out the window boxes in this and other neighborhoods for inspiration. Flowers are always so pretty regardless where they are. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment