Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Red Leaves and Red Color

It was a red color kind of day. We took our usual morning walk in the neighborhood park. It’s one of the few things we can still do since March. The other big activity is driving to pick up groceries curbside just to have an excuse to get out of the house. The leaves are turning a bit more and more each time we venture out there, but it doesn’t quite feel as though we have seen the best of it. Having expected temperatures in the eighties this week probably makes a difference too. I remember when it snowed on Halloween when we lived in the Midwest. If it wasn’t for the cold and ice we might be living there now. So as we meandered through the now familiar park in northern Virginia I was on the look out for red - and I found a few things in between the primarily green surrounding us. A few red leaves here and there popped out, then a berry or two, and to my delight my absolute favorite cardinal bird appeared. I can usually hear them, but don’t often see them. He almost looked as though he was posing for us. As we made our way home I was thinking how much things have changed this year. The seasons certainly didn’t stop changing. Wonder what next fall will feel like?


















No comments:

Post a Comment