Saturday, October 31, 2020

RAVPower Charger

I bought it quite a while back - long before we moved to northern Virginia from Capitol Hill. I always take a lot of photos for this blog and for personal use with my iPhone, and you never know when the battery might run out when you aren’t near a plug. So I researched a bit about small sized portable charging devices and came upon the RAVPower “pen.” It’s been in my purse since I got it. But since the pandemic I don’t even take a purse anymore  - just my phone with credit cards, driver license, and health cards. We don’t go anywhere anyway that requires hauling around all the junk I used to. When the power went out this week in our condo building, my phone wasn’t charged. So I figured I better do something about that, not knowing how long the outage would last. So I dug through my purse and found the charger - not knowing if it would even work. So I plugged it in to my phone using an apple cord and watched as the three lights on the clip turned off one by one as the phone reset. There was enough to get it full, but not enough to charge another device. Once the power returned I plugged it back in to recharge it in case we would ever need it again. Not having electricity is not a comfortable situation. Being prepared to manage it always helps. If nothing else we could always get in the car and drive around awhile while the battery gets charged. This way was a lot more convenient. 






No comments:

Post a Comment