Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Toymaker Halloween Decor

I always looked forward to coming home after work - especially when our grandson was in the 4-6 age range. My husband would babysit after day care was done until mom (and dad) came home from work. It was my opportunity to spend some arts and crafts time with him. I always loved pop up books, coloring, cut outs - anything. One of the cutest activities was cutting out and pasting things together for holiday seasons. One of my sources was the Toymaker. She would send emails with attached PDF’s that could be printed on the printer using thicker paper, then the images were transformed in to ornamental boxes, and other fun stuff. That was ten years ago! Our grandson is now 17 years old, a senior in high school, and no longer lives down the street from us. I was reminded of the Toymaker when I received an email from her along with the attached paper Halloween decoration PDF’s. So I strolled down memory lane and saw a few of the items we had made together. I sent our grandson a text asking if he remembered those times - and he responded that “they were great,” even though his forte was not crafts and coloring! The youngster turned in to a very generous and polite young man. He probably would have anyway without the Toymaker, but it sure didn’t hurt. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment