Monday, March 6, 2023

52Frames Macro Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject for the weekly photo challenge was “macro.” So I tried taking a few photos in the neighborhood park, but none of them turned out very good. Then I collected a bunch of items around the house - a slot machine charm, my mom’s brooch and earrings, dog tags - and an ivy leaf … but none of those images were to my liking. So we took a walk around the tidal Basin to check out the cherry blossom progress and then walked through the annual flower area where the bulb flowers are starting to emerge. On the way we stopped by the Franklin Roosevelt memorial where the photo of his fingers was pretty good. But we also passed by a very grungy goose feather that didn’t look very promising. Then I got the idea to do a bit of editing using my procreate app - the one I use for digital painting. I just recently realized that I could use this app to edit my photos in ways that are not possible with simple iPhone editing. The feather was isolated from the background. After fooling around with the options I figured out how to make the feather bend rather than keep it straight. Then a layer of light blue was added as the background. But then a goose in flight was added to the image for a bit of whimsy. I liked the story it told and it seems a simple photo doesn’t get a lot of attention. I have received more comments from fellow photographers following these types of edits. I need to keep exploring how I can maximize the use of this app, but I still need to start with some decent photos. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment