Saturday, March 4, 2023

National Gallery of Art Artwork

I never was much for art galleries when I was growing up. If we ever went I rarely stopped to notice and quickly passed through the museum or gallery without reading much about what I was seeing. When we moved to Capitol Hill we spent a lot of time in the National Gallery of Art - both the modern and the old masters buildings. After I retired we would oftentimes stop there on our daily walks to get out of the heat or the cold, but also to have lunch in the cafeteria. The hall that connects the two buildings has a magnificent people mover that provides an unexpected stunning light show and a closer look at the waterfall from below. Obviously most people visit to view the art. I also like going there now to get photo opportunities for the weekly challenge. There are a lot of galleries to go through along with special exhibits. We find the impressionists most pleasing to the eye. Rather than take photos of the entire painting, I like to look for a smaller scene or person in it. I also try to take sneak photos of people hoping that they don’t notice. In any event the gallery is a great place to spend time and there is plenty to see. The last time we were there we didn’t spend a lot of time, and it’s getting more crowded post pandemic. Luckily for us we have the opportunity to visit whenever we like. That’s one reason my husband would never want to leave where we live. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment