Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Happy Anniversary

Neither my husband nor I thought about or remembered it. When an email card arrived this morning we were both reminded what day it is. I knew from the sender what it was about because they always send a card every year. Yes, it is our wedding anniversary. We have been together for forty six years, but technically twenty eight years. I remember leaving work early on Wednesday so we could drive to Chicago and get to to city hall so we could be officially married by the judge. We had visited the city the Saturday before to obtain the marriage license. After the “ceremony” we stopped at Reza’s on Clark Street for a late lunch celebration. We hadn’t told anyone so I sent cards out after the fact to our friends and family letting them know it had FINALLY happened. I had been waiting years for it. I always kept the last lines from the book “The Count of Monte Cristo” in my heart - wait and hope. We still have our little throw blanket that a friend gave us that shows our names and the date of the wedding. All I can say is I’m not sure where the time has gone. We never really celebrate our anniversary because we always try to live like everyday is our anniversary. But it was a wonderful reminder of not only the day, but that our old friends remembered too. 











No comments:

Post a Comment