Thursday, March 9, 2023

Procreate Photo Editing

Every week I need to submit a photo for the weekly 52Frames challenge. Usually the generic editing function is used via the Apple iPad. But I also have an app called camera plus that has several great features including a clarity function that really brings out the colors on certain images. I also use Procreate for all of my digital paintings and recently wondered if I could also use it for editing photos. I wasn’t sure how exactly so I started to experiment with some things. It’s all self taught so it’s hit and miss. This week we need to take an image of complementary colors. This time I wanted to try several different backgrounds for a pair of New Year’s Eve hats that my husband and I don every year. So I isolated the hats on one layer, then experimented with several backgrounds that were sketched using the different brushes and styles available on another layer. So it would become a photo and a digital painting so to speak. The options are literally limitless based on your own creative thought process. Then I thought I would add our names to the image on another layer, then changed my mind to where the names would be located on the hats, then changed my mind to make them just initials, then changed my mind to put the initials on the top of the hats. I still don’t know if I like any of them, but it was an interesting experience. It’s not just taking pictures anymore - it’s telling a story and editing the photo in a way that grabs attention. But I need to really like it and I’m not quite sure about this one. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment