Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Verizon Fios TV App Scam

I never like to spend any time resolving issues, but it is inevitable. I noticed that the Verizon Fios TV app was acting up - it seemed to have a new format. I like to use it on my phone when I want to pre schedule certain programs and also use it to delete programs that we have seen - rather than use the TV/remote. I would like to stop using Verizon all together, but there still is too much we use it for - especially for internet and the DVR. So I made sure I had all of the Verizon apps up to date before I started a chat that took much to long to finally get connected. After explaining the problem a few times I was told that the function that I used was no longer available. If I wanted it though I could pay an additional eight dollars a month to upgrade the DVR - since the one we have is “basic.” I wasn’t interested in upgrading the DVR. The only recourse is to use the tv/remote control to schedule and cancel programs. I really like the way you get screwed every time an improvement is made to the service. And it really doesn’t pay to be a loyal customer because that feature just isn’t important anymore. Since watching tv is one of the most important things that we do given our circumstances, we are not going to change anything - yet. Our Apple TV has apps for acorn, BritBox, prime, HBO, Netflix and paramount. We also add others on a monthly basis depending on the program. You would think that would be enough but it isn’t. It’s always a disappointment whenever I have to contact Verizon. I don’t think that will ever change. 






No comments:

Post a Comment