Monday, August 21, 2023

52Frames Black and White Minimalism Photo Challenge

The subject this week for the 52Frames photo challenge was “black and white minimalism.” I had one thing in mind - use the tiny borzoi toy that was given to me by a friend several years ago. We had a beautiful borzoi named Tatiana when we lived in the Midwest. The toy is an image of her. So I took a photo of the toy and created a composite image. I wasn’t sure if a solid black or solid white background would look better. Then it seemed the image needed something a little bit more whimsical. So a few different surfaces were added beneath her feet. Even though I wanted to keep the image sparse with a lot of space around the subject, it still needed something else - even though a single subject should really be the focus. So because my photo challenges these days are more about projects that include the original photo, additional elements added from other photos, and some sort of painting that is added - I needed to do the same here. So a bone hanging from a string was drawn in just above the head of the dog. My husband really liked the dog with the concrete surface, but the image of the dog on a black background with the bone painted in was selected. I liked the contrast of the black and white while maintaining a very simple subject. Hopefully it will also bring a smile to someone’s face. This week I have two pet portraits to paint to I don’t have a lot of time for the photo project this week. Hopefully it will all work out. It’s a fun way to stay occupied. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment