Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Photo Project Iterations

When I first joined the 52Frames weekly photo challenge the iPhone was and still is my camera. I’m not a photographer; rather, I have always enjoyed taking photos since I can remember. So the best photo that met the subject matter was uploaded to the site. Lately I have become more interested in creating composite photos - taking several images and putting them all together to make a more whimsical end result. I find this process much more interesting because it makes me be more creative. So rather than editing a photo for clarity and such, I also like to add a personal touch. And in the end I know whatever I post can not be duplicated. An example of this is one of the more recent challenges - in the center. I found a neighborhood lady who dresses in an interesting way swinging on the swing in the park. Her image was isolated from the photo. The background was changed to a simple sky with clouds and the swing chains were painted in. I wasn’t happy with that so another background was added. I painted in the background. It was actually good, but I thought perhaps I should use another photo instead of paint. So I took a photo of the night sky and tried that instead and then added a bit of paint to give it more texture. A star was painted in from which to hang the swing and the final image was created. You could say this is a bit more than point and shoot, but it is acceptable. So now every week I need to think through all of the elements that will be needed to create a project. That sometimes takes some doing, but it is usually a very enjoyable experience. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment