Sunday, August 27, 2023

I Can’t See Clearly Now

It can’t happen soon enough. I can’t wait for the second cataract surgery because I just can’t see straight with just one eye working at a time. But that won’t happen for another two weeks plus. It will be lovely when all is said and done and it is amazing to be able to see distance without glasses. But having one lens removed from glasses that are four years old doesn’t work. For whatever reason they couldn’t remove the lens from my current glasses because of the frame. And putting on my husbands readers don’t work either. It is completely blurred in both eyes. So after trial and error and a bit of frustration, what works best - and it certainly isn’t good - is not to wear glasses at all for non reading vision. The corrected left eye takes over and it is tolerable. But for reading and working on my iPad I need to wear my last pair of glasses that I can read with. So my right eye uses the prescription of the right lens and my left eye is useless. I didn’t think it was supposed to work this way. I am amazed I don’t have any headaches. Then there are the drops, the no bending, wearing the eye guard at night, and sleeping at a thirty degree angle that are somewhat uncomfortable. I cannot imagine living in a world with bad vision - and in my case - very poor hearing. Having corrective surgery and hearing aids make so much difference. So I am thankful for the resources we have to make life easier. But for now just trying to get through the next two weeks might be a bit of a challenge. 








No comments:

Post a Comment