Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Library of Congress Anniversary

It is very hard to believe that we have been living in the DC region for seventeen years. And it’s even weirder how we got here to begin with. We never dreamed that the 500 square foot tiny condo would become our home. And that only happened after I got a job at the Library of Congress that was within walking distance to work - just two blocks away. It was also nice that our son, DIL and grandson lived right down the street and my brother, SIL and sister all lived here too. So this day and this month mark the anniversary of my first day of work at the Library of Congress. I worked in the Madison Building for ten years. My job had nothing to do with the thirty years in health care, but the skills required matched what I had been doing in the corporate office - performance measures and productivity. Now it’s been a few years since I retired, but I really appreciate the federal benefits - especially health care. I will never forget the first day I started work. Imagine starting all over again in a completely different environment. I much prefer visiting the library as a retiree than working in it. We still go in for programs. Now our son, DIL and grandson have moved to central Virginia and my sister moved to Florida. Things aren’t what they used to be - in more ways than one could have imagined. 






No comments:

Post a Comment