Monday, February 5, 2024

52 Frames Shoot From Below Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject this week for the 52Frames photo challenge was “shoot from below.” It was nice to be able to get out and about and see what might come up - since I didn’t have anything particular in mind. So we drove in to town twice last week. The first time we parked by the US Botanic Garden and walked about the. National Mall. The second time we parked at the Tidal Basin and walked to the White House. I was really disappointed with the gardens. It seems all the attention was paid at the portrait gallery where an orchid exhibit is taking place. But it doesn’t open until 11 AM, which is the time we want to come back home. Then we stopped by the Library of Congress Madison Building front entrance where I used to work. I didn’t like any of those photos either. But on the way there I took a quick shot of the Longworth office building and ended up using that photo this week. Two bluejays were added in to the composite and the building was more “high key.” By the Capitol my second choice was a lamp light that looked lovely in its simplicity. A crow was added to make it animated. Then we walked over to the National Gallery of Art for a few more options. I wasn’t impressed with any of the images taken near the White House, but it was a great day for a walk - the streets were deserted even though the roads to get there were ridiculously blocked up due to protestors holding up traffic. Some weeks I am really excited about my photo entry. This week was just “ok.”





























No comments:

Post a Comment