Monday, February 26, 2024

52Frames Complementary Colors Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject for the weekly 52Frames photo challenge was “complementary colors.” That meant red/green; yellow/purple; or orange/blue. Since I have never done oil and water macro photography before, I thought this might be a good time to try it. So I read up about what I needed to do. It would start out with either photos I have taken in my photo stream or creating a digital artwork using complementary colors. The background images would be seen on my iPad on the highest light, and then a clear glass casserole dish was placed on top of it - after first putting the iPad in a clear freezer bag. Then about an inch or two of water was added to the dish along with drops of oil. Then some dish washing detergent was added so the bubbles would be accentuated. This process went on for a few days - because each time I did it I learned something new, and it was just a lot of fun. The end result was a lot of different abstract bubble art. Of course my husband and I couldn’t agree on what image should be submitted. I liked the obvious bright two color combinations. He liked the image that was visually appealing - whether it met the criteria or not. So I ended up uploading the green/red bubble combination that looked like it was moving, that had a neighborhood park bench as the background. But because some of the bubbles were salmon in color I touched them up a bit to match the other red bubbles in the image. It was a fascinating process, but in the end there were just too many choices! 































No comments:

Post a Comment