Friday, February 2, 2024

Yellow Bamboo

I don’t remember exactly when we got the bamboo plants. It was some time during the pandemic because we ordered them on line. They looked nice in the large vase on the sideboard in the dining room. I also added some sticks and a faux flower to jazz it up. At Christmas I always exchange the bamboo for greens, and the bamboo is moved to another location. About a month ago I noticed that two of the stems were starting to turn yellow. And then it got progressively worse - so much so that the stems could hardly stand upright. Some say the reason is dirty water or too much sun. I hadn’t changed anything from before and as far as I know these plants are basically indestructible. Perhaps the moving around caused the problem. But the yellow continued and it was not looking good. So yesterday the two shoots were extracted from the vase. I saved the leaves from the top and added them to the vase - just to see if anything happens. Then a few pothos type greens that I’ve been rooting were added for a trailing effect. They seem to survive well in just water and they also look nice in our wall vase. It’s a lot easier than switching out real flowers every week. So hopefully the fresh water and soon to be spring air will be all the bamboo needs. I guess we will find out in short order. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment