Sunday, February 25, 2024

Takelot.com Selling My Books Without My Permission

I wrote and illustrated three children’s books and published them on Amazon. One was about a Tiny Fish, another was about Four Promises, and the last was about a Trip to DC. All of them were inspired by my two grandsons. Every once in a while I google the books to see what is what. I have found outlets selling my books without my consent - and have notified Amazon on several occasions by reporting copyright infringement. Sometimes the situation is resolved; sometimes it is not. I have also found a lot of my digital art being sold without permission and have contacted the specific websites. That usually goes nowhere. Last week I found all three of my books being sold on a site called Takealot.com. I sent them an email stating that I had not given them permission to sell my books and to take them down. They actually responded - and the end result was that two of the items were removed. The third item still remains. So I contacted them again with a photo of the book on their website again requesting that it be removed. So now I am waiting to hear. It’s not that I have made any money on any of these books. It’s just the principle of the thing. It took a lot of effort to go through the exercise of not only writing but also illustrating these books. It just doesn’t seem right that someone could collect a dime off of any sale!













No comments:

Post a Comment