Monday, February 12, 2024

52Frames Shoot From Above Weekly PhotoChallenge

The subject this week for the 52Frames photo challenge was “shoot from above.” So we thought we might find something at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. We were wrong. Even though I took a lot of photos, none of them really did much - including the elephant in the main entrance, and the scientists working on fossils. Even the street scenes and some of the flowers were lame heading back for the car. Then I tried taking something at home -  a pear in a bottle- but that wasn’t very good either. Then later in the week we took a walk early in the afternoon rather than the morning. The sun was at a different level when we crossed over a pedestrian bridge in the neighborhood park. I didn’t think much of it until I started to edit the image. I didn’t like the original colors so switched it up to almost black and white. It looked almost like a lunar landscape the way the rocks in the stream looked. And to create my signature composite a picture of a crow - that was taken on our balcony - was added to the rail to match the same color as the shadow. I’m sure this photo won’t get much recognition, and that’s okay. But sometimes those are the ones that sometimes get more attention. You never know. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment