Friday, February 16, 2024

DC Jury Duty Again? Not This Time!

Having just served jury duty for a week on a criminal case last October, I was in no mood to get another jury summons this week. It was from DC - where we used to live on Capitol Hill for thirteen years. We moved to northern Virginia five years ago, but that didn’t stop the summons from coming. Not only for me, but also for my husband a couple of years ago. When we lived in the district, my husband and I were called to jury duty at least every year it seemed. I had to go in three times and almost was called on a criminal case. Luckily they got enough jurors before my time came around. So I went to the website and filled in the information and completed the questionnaire. As soon as they asked for current address - with proof of current address like a drivers license, I knew the outcome would be in my favor. As soon as the information was submitted I received a notice that I was disqualified. I knew I would be, but I still felt a great deal of satisfaction. I also know that I do not need to serve anymore in Virginia because I just was stuck in the courthouse on a very grueling case, and I have reach the age limit. This is one thing I’m glad I don’t have to get involved with anymore. It’s just very inconvenient - especially when the guilty party gets off Scott free. 














No comments:

Post a Comment