Thursday, January 30, 2014

Eustace Tilley 2014?

I was one of the lucky winners in The New Yorker's 2012 Eustace Tilley Contest. It was really exciting to have my artistic rendering of Eustace Tilley selected - especially because the subject was fashioned after our sweet Borzoi Tatiana, and it was one of the first digital paintings I made using the iPad. It appears the contest ended last year as there was no fanfare about submissions in December 2013. In spite of that I created a rendition of Eustace just for the fun of it that I would have submitted. What this contest did was give me the confidence to continue creating digital art and starting an Etsy Shop where I have had commissions as far away as Australia, Canada, and all over the US. Thanks for the inspiration.  It probably would not have mattered if I lived in DC or Milwaukee, but I'm happy to have the recognition at this level. 


No comments:

Post a Comment