Tuesday, January 14, 2014

USPS, FedEx and Crossed Fingers

They came from as far away as Illinois, New York, and Kansas. I was too lazy to drive to the Staples for art supplies and they don't have the white pre cut foam board that I need to mount my pet portraits to hang in the Wagtime Shop anyway. I much prefer pre cut to using a razor to cut a very large piece to size. It looks a lot cleaner and neater too. So Amazon is the place of choice for just about anything, but it gets trickier to meet the minimum threshold for free shipping when items come from outside the Amazon warehouse from separate vendors. So I ended up paying some shipping costs from outside vendors. We had a terrible FedEx experience over the holidays that necessitated us taking a trip to the Maryland pick up location. We received a "not at home sticker" again on package number one that also said it required a signature - for photo paper? Luckily it was delivered on the second attempt and all the others showed up one by one - the business card holder, the Velcro, the foam board, and the spray glue. I still have to go to Staples for refill ink for my printer and card stock for more business cards. But sometimes I like taking the easy way out, even though it may include shipping fees. 









No comments:

Post a Comment